1. From the NAMI 360 homepage, click on the My Organization heading and select Board & Staff from the drop-down list.
2. A list of all current Board and Staff members for your organization will be displayed. Click the New button to the right of that list.
3. A new window titled New Affiliation will appear; select State/Affiliate as the record type and click Next.
3. Fill out the New Affiliation: State/Affiliate form with the individual's relevant information then click the Save button. See below for more information about each field.
- Organization [required]: the name of your NAMI Affiliate, or, if a State-level user, the name of your state or the affiliate the individual's board or staff role is with. Start typing your NAMI organization's name in the Organization field - this will change to a drop-down list. Select your NAMI Affiliate's name from the list. NOTE: Affiliate-level users can only add board and staff for their affiliate; State-level users can add board and staff for the state office or any affiliate in their state.
- Contact [required]: a link to the individual's contact record in your NAMI 360 data - they MUST have a contact record first in order to have a board or staff role with your affiliate; see How do I add a new contact? if the person does not already have a contact record in your data. Start typing the individual's name in the Contact field - this will change to a drop-down list. Select the appropriate individual from the list. NOTE: Affiliate-level users can only add contact records from within their affiliate's data; State-level users can add contact records from any affiliate in their state.
- Role Picklist: list of board or staff positions, please choose the one that fits the best. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request other board or staff positions to be displayed in this drop-down menu.
- Start Date: start date of the role; can leave blank
- End Date: end date of the role; can enter a date in the future (for example, if there is a term limit) or leave blank
- Status: defaults to Current for new board and staff listings
- Primary: check this box if this role should be the Primary Affiliation on the individual's contact record (for more information, see What information can I view on a contact record?)
- Description: enter any further information, such as a specific job title if it was not available in the Role Picklist drop-down menu
- E-mail: the email address on their board or staff role with your organization, can be left blank; does not need to be the same as the primary email address on their contact record
- Phone: the phone number on their board or staff role with your organization, can be left blank; does not need to be the same as the primary phone number on their contact record
- Email update: [COMING SOON, EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS NOT BEING SENT YET AS OF 5/28/2020] check this box if the person should receive an email when members join or renew on NAMI.org, or a NAMI 360 batch is processed for your NAMI organization. Email(s) will be sent to the email address in the E-mail field on their board and staff role.
- Show on web?: check this box to have the person's name, Role Picklist selection, E-mail, and Phone listed on your affiliate's listing on www.nami.org/local ("Find Your Local NAMI"); E-mail and/or Phone fields can be left blank, or filled in with your NAMI organization's main email or phone number
4. After filling in the form and clicking Save, you will be taken to their new affiliation record with their board and staff role. They will also now be displaying on My Organization > Board & Staff.