- ElderCare Locator HelpLine (800) 677-1116 is maintained by the Administration on Community Living (ACL) and helps to locate housing, public benefits assistance, at-home care, and other local resources for aging citizens.
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) Under Title VI of the Older Americans Act, the AAA develops, coordinates and delivers services to the aging in every community across the nation. The website maintains a nationwide search feature on its home page to find your local AAA.
- Community Resource Finder, maintained by the Alzheimer’s Association and AARP, provides a listing of resources for the aging including homecare, community services, housing options, medical assistance, and more.
- GoGo Grandparent is a service that allows a call from a landline or flip phone to function like a smartphone to request licensed and authorized Transportation Network Companies (such as Uber or Lyft) on a senior’s behalf. The service maintains heightened security and monitoring features designed for the needs of seniors.
- State Medicaid – Aging adults with Medicaid are entitled to free transportation to and from medical appointments (including non-emergency medical care). Individuals should contact their Medicaid managed care company or their state Medicaid agency for more information. The information below will provide additional information on benefits and contact information for each state:
- State Medicaid Agency Contacts
- Fact sheet on the Medicaid Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Benefit