Please note that the professionals and volunteers at NAMI are not mental health professionals. We are unable to provide treatment advice nor maintain expertise in medications. It would be best to consult with your prescribing physician or pharmacist regarding any medication-related questions.
You may wish to consult the Treatment section of NAMI’s website where you can learn about the types of mental health professionals and types of treatments, including psychotherapy and mental health medication.
- You can learn more about specific medications on our website page that discusses types of medication.
- You can also visit the website of the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) to learn more about medication through their medication search finder. On the FDA’s drug homepage, you will find medication guides, information on drug safety and an index to medication-specific information.
Additional resources that may be of help:
- U.S. National Library of Medicine Drug Information Portal is a website that offers a Drug Information Portal that provides information on over 80,000 medications.
- National Institute of Mental Health Medications provides comprehensive overview of medications for MH conditions.
- American Association of Poison Control Centers provides 24/7 confidential and expert medical advice for poisoning information. To reach their HelpLine, please dial (800) 222-1222.