You may wish to consult the Dissociative Disorders page of NAMI’s website where you will find information on the disorder, current treatments, ways to support recovery, and links to NAMI Discussion Groups that focus on topics related to Dissociative Disorders. The following, additional resources may be of help:
- The Sidran Institute provides resources for individuals to help understand, manage and treat PTSD, dissociative disorder, trauma and self-injury. They maintain a HelpLine for information and referral and can be reached at (410) 825-8888.
- Ivory Garden is an organization that provides online support groups where those who have experienced trauma can talk openly to help each other understand the ins and outs of living with DID, and act as ears for those who need to talk about what is going on in each other’s daily lives.
- Mosaic Minds provides an online clearinghouse of information, including 16 online community forums, for those whose lives are impacted by the more extreme form of dissociation.
- Survivorship is a website for survivors of extreme child abuse, including sadistic sexual abuse, ritualistic abuse, mind control, and torture; provides resources, healing, and community for survivors, their partners and other allies.
- International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation provides resources and referrals to therapists for dissociation and can be reached at (703) 610-9037.
- Additionally, Mental Health America maintains a Support Group Locator to direct you to a variety of organizations that offer support groups for consumers, their family members and friends. Some support groups are peer-led, while others may be led by a mental health professional.