You may wish to consult our website’s Post-Traumatic-Stress Disorder page where you will find information on the condition, current treatments, ways to support recovery, and links to NAMI Discussion Groups that focus on topics related to PTSD.
The following resources may be particularly helpful:
- The Sidran Institute provides resources for individuals living with PTSD, including a Helpline for information and referral. You can reach the Helpline by contacting (410) 825-888 x102.
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America (ADAA), offers in-depth information on anxiety, depression, OCD, and PTSD and co-occurring disorders, including treatment, resources, and support group information. Through the ADAA Support Group Locator you can search for in-person and online support groups that focus on support for individuals as well as families of those living with anxiety and/or depression as a result of PTSD.
- National Center for PTSD, a division of the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Center provides information regarding combat- and non-combat-related PTSD.
- Int’l Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (202) 803-6332 provides information & resources on trauma and dissociation, as well as a Find a Therapist locator.
- Gift from Within offers educational resources and maintains a roster of survivors who are willing to participate in an international network of peer support to those who suffer post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), those at risk for PTSD, and those who care for traumatized individuals.
- EMDR International Association maintains an online locator that lists providers of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, a treatment that has proven clinically effective in the treatment of PTSD.
- America’s VetDogs (866) 838-3647 provides service dogs (at no cost) to Veterans, active-duty service members, or first responders who are living with disability caused by PTSD.
- PTSD Coach App is a downloadable app that can help learn about and manage symptoms that often occur after trauma.